Previously Known As The Rumbling Bald Homeowners Association...
As of June, 2018, we updated our name and re-energized our mission to provide our members with better communications, and an enjoyable and convenient membership experience. As anon-profit organization, we are focused on creating fun events open to all members. We invite you to sign up for an annual membership, and take part in the community camaraderie, friendship and fun throughout the year for only $35 per household!
Our Mission Statement
The Rumbling Bald Friendship and Fun Group is open to all households in the Lake Lure, Hickory Nut Gorge area. The Group plans and hosts six to seven events a year offering great food, entertainment and fun at an outstanding value to the members. Communications are via this website with comprehensive information, a Facebook page, and notifications via e mail (opt in please!) for all members! A yearly directory is published full of local information and current contact information
Become A Member!
Who we are!
The Rumbling Bald Friendship and Fun Group is a social apolitical organization focused on fun and friendship for our members! The Rumbling Bald Friendship and Fun Group is managed by a Board of Directors and a planning committee. Any resident can serve on the Board and committee simply by contacting any or our Board members. Board positions are filled as members of the Board cycle off the Board. Generally volunteers are asked to attend six or seven meetings a year and attend, participate and help where needed at our events.
Renew Your Membership
THANK YOU for your continued support and participation - we value having you as a member! We try to make renewing as simple as possible, simply CLICK HERE to renew your membership!
Cost to Join
The annual cost per household is $35! The cost has only increased $5 over the last 15 years! Annual fees to join or renew can be paid as explained hereafter on this page.
Membership Has Its Privileges!
- The RBFFG group plans six to seven events a year, attendance exclusive to the members and their guests. Each event offers great food, entertainment, fun and friendship for all attendees. The events are theme based and are an outstanding value with the planning, negotiating of prices etc. handled by the RB F and F group Board and committees!
- We maintain and update our website with updates on all future events and past events, photos, a valuable resource page with offers exclusive to our members, Board and Committee info, by laws, meeting minutes and much more!
- We provide notifications and reminders via e mail to registered members. It is important ot “opt in” on the accept offer included on the e mail page as received.
- We also maintain a Facebook page available to members giving members the opportunity to comment on items featured on the page!
- We prepare a directory on a yearly basis with plenty of information about local resources, resort info, contact info and member contact information! The directory is free for the first copy and additional copies only $5 each!
Member households receive an annual directory, providing detailed contact information (including the address and telephone number of an optional secondary address, eMail addresses, and cell phone numbers for up to two household members) for all Rumbling Bald Friendship Fun Group members. In addition, the Directory includes essential information such as phone numbers for key local businesses, emergency contacts, as well as the area's Disaster Evacuation Plan, Shelter Locations, and Flash Flood Information. We also provide helpful and informative communications via website, Facebook, and private email notices. Anyone in the Rumbling Bald/Lake Lure area is eligible for membership and may register by completing a form and paying online, requesting an application from a Board Member, or when making a reservation for an event. Join us, have fun and meet your neighbors!
How Do I Pay?
New and renewing members can complete that transaction via our Paypal account, or by mailing a check. Simply go to our Membership Signup Page for more information. Click Here!
Other Info Needed
New members must submit an application available through this link. Please double check all info prior to submitting via this forwarding link. Existing members need only to use the member change info form for any information that has changed subsequent to the information published in our directory last year. The form is available through this link.
Any information or questions can be referred to Randy Snyder. Please complete the form on our Contact page and we will get back to you!